What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Winner, Winner, Birthday Dinner

The WINNER of my GIVEAWAY is...........drum roll....

~Carol~ @ Old Glory Cottage!


Congratulations!


*Winner drawn out of a vintage basket by The Bean.




*Carol has cool collections all over her house. If you don't already read her blog - check it out!




Thank you to all the super sweet comments that everyone submitted. I got a secret thrill when any of you mentioned my writing. I love to write. I majored in Journalism. I have a book idea waaay deep in my thick old noggin'. But, I have ZERO self confidence in myself. So, I really DO appreciate all the sweet words.




And, to everyone that said they read, but never comment - you have no excuses now! Comment away!

It's my birthday - so I am off to have a day full of ME, ME, ME!

Isn't that what birthdays are all about?

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Shara! I'm so excited!
    Happy, Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day of ME, but actually you should stretch it out to a week of ME. That's what I always do, and I've gotten away with it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHARA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, here I am with another lame attempt at salvaging our blogfriendship since I totally blanked on it being your BIRTHDAY.

    Love ya and hope your day is superific!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a very special day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:53 PM

    Happy Birthday Sweet Shara!
    Amy J

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:53 PM

    Happy Birthday, Shara!
    Hope you had a fantastic day.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:58 PM

    Hope you have been having a GREAT BIRTHDAY!!!

    MNMaggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. PocketChange9:38 AM

    Shara, hope you had a GREAT birthday! Since it was a Saturday, hope you got to go to some fantastic yard sales and hope you found some super cool vintage items at your super cheap thrift store!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should definitely try writing a book. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers