What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Monday, August 03, 2009

Happy, Mumsie?

My Mom told me that I needed to update my blog. I don't really have anything blogworthy. So, I will post a few photos for your enjoyment. I spotted this on the corner of a busy intersection the other day. We only have 4,000 people in town, so I am betting that about 3,995 of the people that passed that corner actually knew the "Hunka Hunka Burnin' Love" personally. Sadly, I didn't recognize him. I am Hunka-less.
I spotted this drowning advisory on the side of a five gallon bucket of pickles at Sam's. It's not the drowning part that is funny - that is terrible. It's just funny that they would make a container of pickles so honkin' big that a kid could drown in it. Thatsa lotta pickles....
I bought my little cousin, Luke, a dancing cow at the Super Cheap Thrift. He loves cows. I thought this picture was funny - the cow is dancing away and so is Luke. Great entertainment for 75¢!
The Bean managed to put his wallet in his pocket through the seat belt and proceeded to practically hang himself trying to get out of the car.


The Bean trying out a mattress at Sam's. We consider Sam's to be our Disneyland. We don't get out much.....
I'll be back when something interesting happens. Or my Mom tells me to blog again. See you then!

5 comments:

  1. THANK YOU MUMSIE!! We ALL need a good SHARA fix 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent update, Shara! I've had so many laughs with my morning coffee, and you never fail to inspire! Love the hunka-hunka, and the Bean with his trucker wallet...stress that we laugh with him, not at him. Oh, also, I have renamed my little Siamese throwaway Momma cat...no we're not throwing her away, she's already had that happen to her in her brief life. My hubby named her Queen, which I thought a bit pretentious, although she does walk around with her nose in the air. I have officially, at least in my mind, renamed her "Queen Bean", or when she's being affectionate...not often..."Queenie Beanie". Have a great week *elaine*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bean is always good for some blog fodder. Love the wallet chain/seatbelt incident. Only you would have a camera at the ready for just such a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bean & the seatbelt photo reminds me of the time that I was late to the bus stop once in high school. I hadn't had time to put on my belt so I put it on once I got there and when I got on the bus and went to sit down I realized I'd put my belt through my belt loops AND the straps of my backpack. Duh! We had a good laugh over that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, Shara. Once again...repeat after me....

    If I need to blog, but have nothing to write about, I am going to hand over the blog to the Bean and let him do a guest blog because everyone who reads your blog would love to hear what HE has to say. Plus it's a good exercise in creative writing for him. =)

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers