What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

How To / How Not To

This means:"Disabled Parking Only"
*Taken at Neighborhood Market in Springdale, Arkansas by Shara
So, does this mean.....
"Parking only for people who have a goiter on their neck and are sitting in a rocking chair"?
*Taken at Taco Tico in Springdale, Arkansas by Shara
Such a bad paint job just had to be photographed. And blogged.
Heavens to Betsy!
*Edited to add where these were taken - and yes, I spotted them and took the photos. I didn't get any looks when I tootk the "bad" one. However, I had several people watching me and giggling when I took a photo of the "good" one. Go figure.
*edited to add again - the b*ner thought crossed my mind too!

7 comments:

  1. HHAHH!!! Can we put this on a cake?...and send it to Cake Wrecks?...too funny...where do you find this stuff?!! *elaine*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,Shara.
    Wherever in America did you find this picture? It looks like you took a quick trip to China to snap the shot. I love the "goiter" reference. Funny one !!!
    Eileen @ http://www.bogglemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or, a man with a goiter, broken arm, broken leg, and a b*ner sitting in a rocking chair? WHERE was this photo taken? This has to be a joke, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you should send that 2nd one to awkward boners dot com, & yes that is really a web site & yes I am ashamed for really knowing that it exists...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny, especially the last sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to own a company in Texas that painted parking lots. That included stencils for handicap spaces. I've never seen any quite like this before! You made my day.

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers