What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Hostess With the Mostess

Now that the Eggstra Fun Eggs are on the way, I can show you all the lovely Hostess Gifts I received.  I didn't know I would be getting gifts, so I was very surprised!  Although, I always send a little something when I do a swap, still it surprised me to get goodies !
From Sarah, the original Queen of Tablecloths, this lovely springy tablecloth with butterflies, clovers and dandelions.  Swoon.

Also from Sarah, one of her repurposed embroidered Duckies that she made into ornaments.  I loved these on her blog, so to receive one was eggstra special!

From Debra, a funny Egghead Whisk for The Chief Egghead.  I used that little dude to mix up some cupcakes earlier and he is great!  I found the egg whisk at the top of the box, but about a week later when I was dividing up the eggs for the swap, I found these adorable Chocolates at the bottom of the box.  More treats!  They are oh, so, loooong gone.  But, I saved the little wrappers, because I always think I can do something with everything and because I might one day be featured on Hoarders!

From Rebecca, this sweet vintage Easter postcard hanging and a vintage-y Easter brooch/pin, that she made for me.  I wish I had somewhere fancy to go on Easter, because I really want to show it off!

From Jane, a handmade Easter Egg that she decoupaged and quilled.  This is sort of a sneak peak of what the swappers will be getting - not just like this, but an idea of what is to come!

And, from Aimee-Suzanne, lots of fun goodies.  A funny vintage bunny, a handmade flower and a vintage  Easter train ornament.

And, an oh so fun Mercury Ornament with a spun cotton bunny on top that she made out of all vintage goodies.

You ladies spoiled me! 

Thank you!

Come back tomorrow to see the eggs.  Unless you don't want to see them!  Then BEWARE!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Such sweet hostess gifts and well deserved. Looking forward to seeing the eggs tomorow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful and Crafty things! When I saw your blog entry title I went and put the "Call Me Madam" record on the player! : )

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers