What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Junking Up the New Fridge

In my continuing effort to use what I have and enjoy my junking purchases, I fashioned a bulletin board for the front of the fridge.

I took two pieces of Matte Board from The Dollar Tree and stapled them together. Then I covered it with a set of vintage fruit themed Curtains that I had picked up for 25¢ last summer. I added the red rick rack to cover up the ends of the curtains down the center. The curtains were two different lenghts, one had a stain and one had a hole. So, cutting them up was A-OK.
Add some cute photos and Wah-lah no more ugly magnets and pictures all over the fridge.

*A note about the photos. LEFT: That's my little cousin Luke with the cute grin, a antique black and white of DH (We are only two years apart, but all his photos are in black and white while mine were all in color), The Bean as a clown, The Bean and a Gorilla Statue at the Tulsa Zoo when he was three, A wee baby bunny Bean, Dead Cente: A Kindergarten Graduating Bean (Was he cute or what?), RIGHT: Baby me, The Bean, A Baby Bean and my Triplet Cousins. Can you imagine? Triplets? They are in school now, but I just adore that baby photo. I met them a few years ago. They are from Alabama and can turn a two syllable word into a full sentence. Too cute!

I'm off on a Junkin' trip. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. This is the second set of those "curtains" I have seen, and you people are killing me! MUST HAVE CURTAINS LIKE THAT. I mean come on, they are tablecloth matching toweling! Please universe, hear my plea. LOLLOLOL

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers