What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Another Winning Post (It)

The winner of my giveaway for the Homework Help is Annette - Miss FunFindsForYou herself. Annette - if you see this, drop me an email at monkeybox @ juno dot com and I will make you and your brand new precious baby boy Cody up a box of goodies!!!!


Thank you again for all the time and energy everyone took to help us out. We are going to get started on this next week. Not sure what we will do other than learn about the State's. But, in my opinion, learning something is better than learning nothing.


I leave with you with another reason to NEVER leave the house without your camera. This truck was parked next to us at Wal-Mart yesterday.


A zillion rain soaked Post-It Notes. One side of the tailgate was cleared off, but I guess they got tired and hadn't gotten to the rest. That must have taken some practival joker hours to complete!


Off to find a sale or two before the big noisey sports festival. Ugh.

3 comments:

  1. Now the post-it-note thing would be DAMN funny to do to someone else. I can say that here, b/c my co-workers don't read your blog. Teehee. HMMMMM, who will be my victim??????????

    One of the funniest things we ever did to another co-worker was saran wrap the cab of his truck. It was pouring buckets and he couldn't get in. STILL makes me laugh hysterically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I won??!? :) So cool!

    CYE :)

    I am listening to Cody grunting away...it is 5:26am SIGH :)

    OMG on the post it notes!! That must have taken forever...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Annette! Glad someone I know won! LOL!!
    I'm thinking the post it thing is going to happen to one of the guys at work VERY soon! LOL!
    We have one driver who everyone likes to give grief! One day they took a roll of shrink wrap out and wrapped his personal truck up! Ohhhh, he was so mad because the hot sun had made it tight! Didn't do any damage, just was a pain to remove! LOL! It was so funny!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers