What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

For Sale:

I had a few emails asking if I was selling anything - so here goes a few things.  These are things I paid for, so it's not the free stuff.  Photos taken with phone camera when my camera was AWOL.  So, they are dark.  Sorry.

Lots and lots of packages and of bias tape, blanket edging, seam liner, gold cording, ribbon and other notions.

Tons of lace, ribbon and trims.  

 Lots of pretty green trim with pompoms.  This stuff was expensive.

Snaps, clasps, hooks, etc.  


Okay, this is the makings of a quilt.  Tons of tiny squares cut out - no bigger than about 1-2" each.  Hundreds of different patterns and fabrics.  There is a hand drawn quilt on graph paper, a couple plastic templates, a couple completed quilt squares and some larger pieces in bright colors.  

There are so many sweet vintage fabrics in here - this is just a small sampling of fabrics.  All vintage and all very adorable.  Is there enough of everything to make a complete quilt?  I don't know.  But there is enough to sort out and make something out of - a child's quilt or two probably.


Such sweetness!  You will get a box chock full of tiny fabrics.  

$30.00 which includes shipping.  Once again, it is heavy, so that is part of the price.

Next up - I will sort the rickrack  - any wants or desires for colors or sizes before I start????  I have 175 packages and a ton of loose stuff.

Four miniatures - Player piano, cash register, sink with stopper and iron.  All have moving parts.  Each one stands about two inches tall.  Durham Industries, 1976.  
$12.00 - including shipping.


Email me at monkeybox@juno.com if you are interested in any of this stuff.  
Thanks!



1 comment:

  1. Great treasures! I know they will find new homes!

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers