What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Money, Money, Money...

What kid doesn't love money? DS got $$$, Gift Cards and Presents at his party yesterday. He had ten friends come to the party. After cake and presents they rode the Go-Carts and Bumper Boats. Then they went nuts in the arcade. The kids got soaking wet on the Bumper Boats. I didn't know they would get wet! But, they had a blast and that's all that counts.

This morning we awoke to a downpour of rain followed by two hours without power. We have an all electric home which means there is NOTHING to do when the power is out. Soimetimes that is good - no laundry, no vacuuming, etc. But today it meant no coffee and no computer and that is a very baaaaad thing. DH went to the corner store to get me coffee. I would have gotten PO'ed about it since that must mean he thinks I get grumpy without coffee. But, he was right. This time. But only this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers