What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

An Exciting Night on Ebay

I can't remember if I mentioned the vintage sports catalogs I bought about a week ago at a garage sale. I bought 18 books from 1954-1961. Twelve of them were Spaulding and Wilson Sports Catalogs from those years. I paid $3.00 for the whole lot of them. I listed the 12 catalogs and they ended tonight for.......$173.50. Holy Cow! Ya' gotta love ebay! I haven't had a good high auction like this in a long time. It makes your heart race! A lot of my friends on www.yardsalequeen.com were watching this auction end with me and they shared my excitement. Thanks everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers