What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Pinhole Glasses


Recently I was contacted by a company asking me to try their pinhole glasses and review them on my blog. I accepted the offer and received the glasses from Italy about two months later.



Here's what the company has to say about their glasses: Pinhole Glasses are the modern and affordable alternative to prescription eyeglasses, pinhole glasses consist of precision-manufactured lightweight perforated plastic lenses, inset into standard metal or plastic spectacle frames. They are ideal for sufferers of refractive eye disorders, the elderly and computer users as the pinholes - accurately formed by laser technology - allow only direct and coherent light rays to pass through into the eye. Read here to see how it works.


I was anxious to try these once they arrived. I waited until night when I had taken my contacts out to try them. I have extremely poor eyesight. My contact prescription is -9.50/-8.50, so seeing clearly without contacts or glasses certainly sounded like a great idea. Once I had them on, I tried to watch TV. I could see the colors brighter, but I couldn't make out the words or faces. It was still a blur to me. But, like I said, I have very poor vision. I decided to try them on some other family members. My Stepfather tried them. He has poor vision too, but not as bad as mine. He was able to read the TV and make out faces. So, for him, they did work. But, for me, they did not work. I think if your vision is off a bit, but not as badly as mine, you would find these useful for watching TV at night before bed. Or they would be useful to keep in your purse for an emergency.

Here's the website for the pin hole glasses if you would like more information.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, this is a great blog! These pinhole glasses are interesting--aren't you supposed to wear something like this to view a solar eclipse? No . . . maybe not. :) I'm glad you liked our Monkey cake wreck re-creation. Thank you for sharing the original with us--it gave us many happy hours of enjoyment!! Glad your son got over the trauma :)

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers