What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Hope everyone had a wonderuful Christmas. Ours was busy and the house is now overflowing with gifts ranging from a Roomba, a GPS and a gallon of pickles. Everyone was very good to us this year. Our next door neighbors even brought over a box stuffed with homemade cookies and candy of all sorts. There was even a coffee/orange fudge that was out of this world!

We spent Christmas Day afternoon at my Dad's house. He lives in the house I was raised (no longer decorated in the white crushed velvet motif) which is at the lake. We take a long walk along the edges of the lake looking for money, treasure, etc. As if we ever find those things. We did find lots of cool rocks and sticks not to mention the rolled up condom and a pair of underpants along the way. Ick.

The Bean and I collect heart-shaped rocks so that was out mission.

We found two -

this one came home

This one did not. This one was about five feet across. Wish we could get it home!



I took this photo of The Bean on the rocks. I was very shocked to see that my baby done growed up! He is a teenager. When did that happen? I played Santa at 1:30 am the night before and now I seem to have a man living with me?

They grow up too fast. End of story.

More tomorrow with yet another HAPPY MAIL day at my house. I mean, very happy.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:31 AM

    Merry Christmas! And Happy Festivus too!

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers