What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

My April Fool's Day - NOT!

DS and I decided to go to Sonic today for a shake. I pulled in a little crooked to be able to read the Dessert menu. When I pulled out I scraped up against the pole with the regular menu on it. I heard the fender give and the scrapping sound. OMG - Dh will KILL me! I pulled around and got out to look at the car and sae these huge black scrape marks on the car. I reached out to touch it and it started to rub off. Whew! It was just black rubber skid marks. I decided to go through the car wash to get rid of most of it. I drove to the car wash and sprang for the big $7.00 "Bells and Whistles" car wash. We drove in to the stall and stopped. The spray bar came over and sprayed thick white soap all over us. Then when we heard these horribly loud noises coming from behind us in the car wash. The big spray bar was coing down behind us making all these loud horrific noises. Finally it just stopped moving and the "Please exit" sign lit up. So, there we were covered in soap and no water! I drove next door to the self serve bay and washed the soap off myself. (I also got most of the black marks off the car, thankfully!) I left a note under the managers door about the car wash. He called later and we went and picked up $10.00 to cover the car washes.

So, after all that I was wiped out and decided we would just have pizza for dinner. When we got home with the pizza I opened one up and discovered beef all over it. I asked for black olives and mushrooms - not sure how they turned that into beef! We don't eat beef or pork, so that was no good for us. We called the pizza place and they made us a new one. When DH went to pick that one up - it was a large instead of an extra-large and only had black olives on it. So, they made another one the right way. They even gave DH a Diet Coke to drink while he waited. So, we ended up with two large pizzas, two extra large pizzas and a Diet Coke all for $15.00. We have a "Buy One Get the Next Size Smaller for Free" card, so we really only paid for one pizza. So, we ate tonight and will eat tomorrow and another day too, plus we fed the neighbors the beef pizza.

So, event though it seems like all bad stuff happened today - we did get a clean car and $10.00 back and four pizzas for the price of one. And, I didn't ruin the car! I guess the day wasn't so bad after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers