What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Monday, November 07, 2011

Shutterfly Card Winners

Thanks for entering to win the Shutterfly Cards! I wish I had enough for everyone.  The winners are.....drumroll.......Lynn!  Sarah!  Heidi! 

Congrats ladies.  Shoot me an email and I will send you your codes. 

The cards I came within about three days of ordering and were even delivered by a cutie in brown shorts (love the UPS guy!).


I liked this one with the Top Ten List on it.  I used to do a Christmas Letter, but I stopped a few years ago.  I heard for a few people that missed it, but honestly, we don't do anything very exciting - no big trips, job changes, babies, we don't even have the usual school stuff to report on - so our Christmas Letter was getting to be a bit of a yawn fest.  This Top Ten List sort of covered the whole year in short and they are the things we will remember most about 2011. 

I like to add a bit of humor to our cards - so this is the back.
We found a funny old pair of glasses at my Grandmothers that made our eyes look HUGE and then I used the Fishbowl Effect on my camera to make these funny photos of all of us.  I really hope that no one sees these and thinks this is what we really look like!  It's silly! 

And now you now the names of The Breadman and The Bean if you didn't already. 

Let the Christmas Festivities begin!
Or not.

4 comments:

  1. Love your card choice and those funny pics crack me up! Congrats to the winners, I can't wait to get some photos of Tiger to make our own card this year! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! I'm so excited--now I had better dig out those ugly Christmas sweaters for sure! Or look for even uglier ones now that the thrift stores are putting out Christmas stuff. :D

    I love the card you designed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Shara! I haven't won anything in a long time - and I'm excited, too! Love your card and may have to go with that theme - I guess #1 will have to be baby Emma's birth. What can compare to a new grandchild? LOL Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already knew the Bean's name & yours, obviously, but not the Breadman's. Did you feel any rumblings Saturday night?

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers