What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Shoey Makes Shoes






I seem to have a new obsession. I have been making little pairs of clogs with the pattern I mentioned here. I went and bought lots of little squares of felt and matching and contrasting emboidery floss. I gave my Momt he first pair I made. The yellow ones will go to my Grandmother who has quite a shoe collection, the pink ones are for me and oddly enough, my son requested a pair of orange ones. He loves orange and loves anything I do - so these are for him. The green ones are on the St. Patricks Day Tree - I noticed when I looked at the photo that fogot to whipstitch the heel of one of them. I'll have to fix that. The red ones aren't spoken for yet - but will be soon. I have lots of color ideas and plan on adjusting the size to actually fit a newborn baby. Oh yes, my best friend all through Junior High called me Shoey. I still don't know why, but that was my name.

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy Shoey!!! ;) Love the clogs, so bright and cheery. I like the pink ones best..I've been in a pink mode lately!


    Great job:)

    lucy

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers