What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Stu the VUE, Where Are You?

DS and I were going to go to our favorite cheapy thrift yesterday morning. We went out to get into the car and it wouldn't start. I was freaked. I hate car trouble - it makes me feel so dumb and out of my element. I did have enough sense to realize that the fuel guage wasn't moving but the A/C, radio, etc. was all coming on. So, I am assuming it is the Fuel Pump. Luckily, it is all under warranty, so Saturn paid for it to be towed to the dealership and they sent me Hertz rental car. It is a 2006 Ford Focus with 21,000 miles on it. It's funny, becuase my VUE is a 2004 and it only has 18,000 miles on it. It is a nice car, but so small I feel like everyone is about to run over me. I want my VUE back. For the record, we have a Nissan Quest Mini-Van (Stan the Van) and the Saturn VUE (Stu the VUE). We should have Stu back on Wednesday of next week.

Today we took the little car out and did our errands. I got my driver's license renewed after the friendly Hertz guy reminded me yesterday that it was about to expire on Tuesday. (My birthday!) We went to the Salvation Army and the Attic thrift store too. I bought a lot of small stuff. My best find was a wooden nursery lamp with a wooden ferris wheel on it that revolves. That was $2.00. I also got a tiny itty bitty pottery pot with a cork in it. It's about as big around as a quarter. I have a terrible passion for miniature things. I also bought four small handmade little silk balls that are actually little Chinese babies. I'll post a photo soon. Not sure what on earth I will do with them, but they just spoke to me. Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers