What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I went to Target today to see what was letft in the Christmas aisles. I was looking for useable items that I had coupons that were about to expire. I found Glade Thomas Kinkade candles for 99¢ and I had coupons for $1.00/2 candles. So, they were 2/$1.00. I found the Glade 3-in-1 Blending candles for $1.00 and I had coupons for $1.00/1. I could only find three of those - but they were FREE! I got a 2 pack of Decospheres for $1.99 and used a $1.00 coupon for a total of 99¢ for two. I got some airspray, plug ins, oil warmers and other assorted air freshener itemsm all with coupons and clearance prices. I like to get all these items at Christmas time because I like the vanilla, pumpkin, cinnamon, spice, etc. scents all year long. I loathe floral or perfumy smells.

I had coupons for Ziploc bags that should have scored me tons of nearly free bags, but they were still ringing up at full price. Grrr. The boxes had snowflakes on them and the bagggies on the box were pictured full of gingerbread men. So, they really were "Christmas".

I did buy four sets of rope lights for $3.50 each. I didn't think there would be any left when it went to 75%, not to mention 90%.

I started pricing things for my flea market booth today. I hope I am pricing things correctly - not too cheap, not too much. I really just want to make my rent and get rid of some stuff for now.

Hint of the Day: When you are out looking for Christmas deals - look for useable items. Ziploc bags with Christmas motifs, paper towels with santa or snowflakes on the, napkins with holiday motif, Planter's peanuts with the red bow on the can, Russell Stover or Whitmas Chocolates with green bows in the corner of the box, etc. The Glade candles and air freshener items are usually mixed in with the regular scents - but look for vanilla, apple, cinnamon, pumpkin, cranberry, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers