What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Two Dog Pond

Head on over to Two Dog Pond and enter this week's necklace contest.
  It features my Great Uncle Murlin.  I've always loved this fun photo of him, so I sent it to Rachel just for fun.  She decided to use it for this week's contest. 

If you've never visited Two Dog Pond before - each week Rachel posts a fun vintage inspired photo.  Readers think up a saying for the reverse and Rachel picks her favorite at the end of the week. 

To enter to win your very own necklace - Think of a witty, clever or inspirational quote, saying or one liner and submit it in the Comments box under this week's post. 

I was the lucky winner last weeks of pendant.  I have won a variety of necklaces from Rachel and they all have sassy or smutty sayings on the back.  I'm really not that kind of gal, but when I see certain things, I am amazed at what comes to my mind first!  Rachel says when I get old, my filter will be off and I will just say those things out loud.  Oh dear.  I am going to be the hit of the Nursing Home!

*Here's the link to my other off-color wins, including the famous "Blue Ribbon Wiener" which I am currently wearing in honor of Congressman Wiener.  Shara's Wins.

Go enter - I'd love to see what everyone comes up with for Uncle Murlin.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Now please, please, please show us how to make those hats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have I never seen Rachel's blog? She's a hoot! And that photo is AWESOME. I might have to think hard and send in an entry because I think I might just need to have a necklace with that photo on it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had a great Uncle Murlin! You won something else too...over at One Gal's Trash.
    xoxo
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers