What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Friday, April 01, 2011

Blog Change - For the Better

The time has come for this blog to undergo some changes.  I will no longer be blogging about my love of junk and the journey to find that junk.  I will now be blogging about my first passion in life that I have really never discussed here.......Replacing Septic Tanks.  I have been doing this for years as a hobby, but it is time to make this my family business.  There is nothing more gratifying than cleaning out someones Septic tank and knowing I have done a good job. 

Inspect your septic system annually. I can do this with my spiffy new truck!


For more information on your Septic tank, visit my website monkeybox Septic Cleanout.com.

Sorry there will be no more junking or journey's.  But, I promise you lots of interesting information about YOUR Septic System.

Please leave a comment with any questions!

12 comments:

  1. APRIL FOOL, of course! More JUNK tommorrow - I promise! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear LORD, I forgot that today was April Fools Day! Big sigh of relief. Of course I could tell it was a joke but at first the beginning was a little unsettling. Hey, do you think that my kids are playing a joke on me with all the stomach flu issues?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I was hoping to get all the poop on septic systems : )
    thanks for the laugh
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me going there for a second...but only a second. I know you could never give up 'junk'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay right...no junk from you?? HA!! Happy April Fools Day...but it does sound like a very 'poopy' business.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad this is an April Fool's joke - 'cause otherwise, I would be REALLY bummed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little disappointed. This was a joke? I am really interested in septic systems and was looking forward to learning more. Well, have it your way, but I think you might be overlooking an opportunity. Can you name one other blog out there that deals with septic issues? Can you? I didn't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did not have me for a moment. I KNOW THERE IS NO WAY you are ever going to stop blogging about the junk you find! I am wise to this April fools thing....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness you had me frightened.Do you think we can find septic replacement stuff while out junking?!!!!Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. After reading about your new business traded for the junk business, I shook my head and whispered under my breath, 'That's a load of crap.'

    Sorry, I just had to!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Surely there has to be vintage septic tank stuff out there you could collect? :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers