What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

2011 Eggstra Special Egg Swap

The eggs have all been shipped. If you haven't received yours yet - LOOK AWAY!  This year we had a lot of wonderful creative egg inspired ideas.

I made this little Glittered Egg Pull Toy.  I made pink, blue, green and purple.  My only regret is that I couldn't figure out how to make the wheels roll.  But, I still thought they turned out cute.

Wendy made these Glittered cookie eggs.  They smelled good enough to eat - but I didn't!
Gina made these sweet little bird nests with Pearl Eggs.  She also included some sweets.  (Yum!)

Debra made these fun nests with decorated eggs complete with a Butteryfly on top.



Ruth (who is Debra's Mother) made these wonderful felt eggs - each one was completely different - covered in beads, sequins, flowers, bits of doilies and other sweet vintage bits and bobs.  (It was hard to choose which one to keep!)
Michelle made these fun egg head guys - so clever and so cute!
Sarah made each person their very own Monogrammed Foil Egg. 
Rebecca made these fun egg shaped sewing books with needles and thread.  We can use these all year long!
Lynn made these sweet matchbooks filled with Sixlets then put them in the Chicken egg, put that into a goodie bag and filled with full of treasures including tissues, candy, pens and lots of other fun surprises.

My sweet Aunt Dorothy made eggs covered in sequins.  Her first attempt to make pin bead eggs resulted in one egg after four hours of pinning and beading and plenty of sore fingers. 

The always delightful Aimee-Suzanne made fabulous decoupaged eggs with Dresden.  Aimee-Suzanne always includes lots of little extras with her eggs to share with everyone.
Laura made eggs embellished with all sorts of different varieties of flowers and vintage Easter ornaments.

Jane made these sweet nature inspired eggs with moss and natural papers.  Such pretty things!

Thank you to everyone for the wonderful eggs, for making them on time and for following through with making your eggs.  Yeah!  Also, thank you for all the sweet extra goodies and the extra help with shipping money too.  I am blessed to have such good Blog Buddies!  I have a few extra eggs from some of the ladies, so those will be included in that box of 1000 items in the previous post. 

4 comments:

  1. amazing talent as always
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see the creative ideas everyone has! They outdid themselves this year! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting again! It was a fun swap. I loved your glittered eggs! And I'm glad mine made it safely this year, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't wait to get home this weekend to dive into my egg swap box! I love them all! Thank you for hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers