What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Monday, August 05, 2024

Greetings from 2024

 Well, HEY  I got nostalgic and decided to look at my blog.  Is anyone out there still reading blogs?  Instagram and TIkTok seem to be "where it's at" but, I like words.  Lots and lots of words.  Which is funny, because I'm not a big talker.  But I can write a lot.  

I treated myself to a new laptop on Tax Free Day so here we go trying to learn how to use it.. I pretty much only use an iPad for everything, so it's been a while since I used an actual keyboard.  I guess it's like riding a bicycle, because it's all coming back to me.  But, I honestly don't think I could ride a bike again if I tried.  

I'm still making my creations.  I do three big shows a year and I am looking to expand into OK and MO and maybe KS.  I'm getting back into a new flea market this week.  It's been awhile since I had a booth, three years, to be exact  A friend of mine is opening a flea market in my town, so it will be easy to maintain.  

The worst thing that has happened as of late, is a tornado came through my area on Memorial Day weekend and wrecked my Goodwill Bins.  There's no timeline on a reopening.  It's a mess and from what I can tell, nothing has even been started to rebuild it. I miss digging for little oddities to add to my creations to make them unique.  Hopefully they will rebuild soon.

On an non related junking note - I am fulfilling a bucket list item in December!  I am going to see JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE in concert.  He is my BOO.  I will be on the 8th row on the floor.  I am VERY EXCITED.  It cost a ridiculous about of money, but you only live once.  I'm going on my Mumsie's birthday, so I consider it a gift from her.  Man, I miss her.  

All right, if you see this - leave a comment.  Maybe I'll come back!  

Shara

PS hi Janet

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I just recently restarted blogging (since 2018!). Also using laptop, replacing old pc since a while, but finally got used to drag the thing along to my Man's place in the evening, and using time behind tv more usefully. Good to see news from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oliveoyl642:31 PM

    Good to see you writing again. Blogging is a lost art. People have become so accustomed to the quick release of photos and info. Maybe you will reignite the true original art. Heck we did it with dial up internet 25ish years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:01 PM

    Shara! I have so missed your wit and sense of humor. I love reading all about your finds and shows. I hope you will pop back in to our lives with blog updates on a regular basis. It sounds like you are back in the game. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi back to you Shara!! Something told me to click on Monkeybox today, and I'm so glad I did. Good luck with the flea market and your shows. Love, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Glad to see you writing on your blog again. Love your writing style and getting inspiration on creative vintage updates from you. Theresa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:11 PM

    I love to see what people buy at yard sales and thrifts. I’ll keep reading. 😉

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers