What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

I haven't found many deals lately. I did have a good rush of them last week, so maybe that's why I haven't found any this week. I have been to three thrift stores in three days. I didn't get anything too exciting. A few clothes for DS, a thing or two to resell and a thing or two to keep.

When I was at Petsmart buying cat food yesterday, I found a check in the parking lot. It was from an insurance company for $55.00. I have found several checks in parking lots in the past few years. I found one for $1,950.00 once. I always mail them back to the recipient. Anyway, yesterday while we were checking out this lady came in asking the checker if anyone had found a check. DH told her we found one in the parking lot. She jerked it out of his hand and left. No, "Oh, Thank you!" or anything. Very rude. If someone does something nice, please say, "Thank you!" Last summer I found someone's credit card bill all sealed up and ready to be mailed in the Hobby Lobby parking lot. I mailed it back to the person on the return address. She wrote me the nicest Thank You note and told me that she prayed to God for an angel to help her. So, she said I was her angel. I'll always remember that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers