What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Oh Happy Mail Day Part #3

I'm not bragging, really. But, the mail has been plentiful and fantastic as of late. This little beauty of a surprise package from Heidi on Christmas Eve.

If you've ever had the pleasure of a swap or a "out of the blue" gift from Heidi, you are a very lucky person. She really goes all out, wrapping each gift with love and adding a special little something-something to each item. I consider Heidi a very good friend, and we've never even spoken or seen each other!

Goodies so beautiful I was happy with just the pretty packages. I didn't even need to open them to see what was inside. Oh, I didn't need to. But, I wanted to - RIP!

She sent The Bean a fun Pirateology Dice Game. He has always had a love of pirates, so this was a great surprise for him. I really appreciate her "thinkin' of The Bean." She also included a fun little baby PEZ keychain. Too cute!




Look at all the gifts so prettily wrapped. What's that? A little potato masher? Oh, surely not.



She included this sweet tlittle "Joy To The World" ornamnent that I can only assume she made at Silver Bella. Isn't it sweet?

And this vintage Santa NOEL tea towel? Are you kidding me? It is pristine and fabulous. Still has the original sticker and all.



And this wonderful fantastic book of vintage permission free images. You can cut and paste the images out of the book, or you can use the CD-Rom and download any of the images as small or as large as you need them for whatever project you want to use them. This book seriously makes me happy. I have been walking around the house with it under my arm like a little kid with their blankie. I sit on my end of the couch and just look at each image one by one, over and over. DH glanced over at it and said, "There's no words." I guess I had been looking at it so long he couldn't figure out what was taking me so long. I never knew this sort of book existed and now I cannot wait to find more!She also included a long roll of pink festooning for my cones, hats and other crafty pursuits.

Methinks I need to whip up a Valentine's Day cone or a hat!
And, yes, that was a teeny little potato masher. The Bean thinks it will look cute on the tree. I think it will look cute in the kitchen 365 days a year!
Thank you Heidi for your thoughtfulness, your sweetnes and your friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers