What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Oh Happy Mail Day Part #2

The mail has been oh so good and oh so happy as of recent days.

My December Swap Package from my Sweet Sister Swap Partner, Laura arrived on Chrismtas Eve Day. And, what a box of surprises it was!

She is very talented - wouldn't you agree? Inside this box, was not one handmade fleece throw, but TWO handmade fleece throws. A bright red one for me, a bright blue one for Da Bean.




Mine had snowmen on the reverse, his had cool retro cars.

Monogrammed Sweet Sister 2007, so I'll always remember.

The other one was monogrammed "THE BEAN". Seriously. How thoughtful can you get?????? The Bean is very proud of hs new throw and has deemed that the cats are not allowed on it.

Laua also sent these fabulous vintage Christmas ornaments. The glare is from the mirrored backgrounds that will reflect the Christmas lights. They fit into my vintage tree perfectly!

Thank you so much Laura. You have been a great sister!

Oh Happy Mail Day Post #3 coming tomorrow. If Iposted it all in one day, you would cry in jealousy. I mean it. Peopel are too darn good to me!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! How very thoughtful of your Sweet Sister, Laura!!! Love that she included something for The Bean! :)

    I'm jealous already! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom has those bird cage ornaments!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers