What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Google Me, Baby

Rebecca At Thrifty Goodness tagged me for this little game. You read the questions, then type you anwer into Google Images and then put one of the image representations on your blog. So, here goes....(Not sure why the pictures are so freaking little.)

Age on you next birthday?It's not for 9 more months though!

Place I would like to visit:This is Murfesboro Diamond Park in AR. You can dig for diamonds and people find them every day. You keep what you find. We had plans to go a year ago, but had to cancel. Maybe this year?

Favorite place: Fayetteville, AR - only because it's close to home and I have no desire to travel or go anywhere. Werid, huh? I've been to Hawaii, the Bahamas and Vegas so I am DONE.

Favorite object:My Crissy Doll that was so real to me throughout my childhood. Okay, she is still sort of real to me.

Favorite food: Fresh from the summer garden, not the grocery store!

Favorite Color: (*I like Pink too!*)

Favorite Animal: I love bunnies. We have one living in our back yard that we have named Mr. Bun-Bun.

Name of past pet: (Wow! Boom-Boom was our St. Bernard that went BOOOM BOOM when she wlaked. Not unlike this fine lady, I suppose!)

Where I live: Just Farmington, not Farmington Station.

1st grade teacher: (This is pretty funny considering my Mrs. Smith wore orthepedic shoes and had little gray pincurls.)

Middle name: Lee. Actually, my name is Shara Lee. That's what everyone called me until I was about 8. Too many SaraLee cake and pie jokes at school.....

Bad habit: David Sunflower Seeds. I have to have some after dinner and while I am I on the computer. My entire extended family is addicted.

College major: I wanted to be a travel writer (pretty funny since I just said above I was over travelling!) or a feature writer.

Holiday: My birthday is a holiday, right"?

2 comments:

  1. LOL! The Boom Boom one killed me! See, I knew yours would be good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:52 PM

    I am unable to tell what the bad habit picture is. Do tell!

    Libby

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers