What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Monday, April 23, 2007

So, in my last post I said I MUST get things listed on ebay this week. Well, I forgot that I had a few other things to do this week.

1. Donate car full of ebay outcast items.
2. Attend Math & Science Night.
3. Weep knowing DS is watching the dreaded Puberty Video.
4. Volunteer 8-2 at the Arkansas State Special Olympics as a Record Keeper.
5. Organize paper goods and decor for a catered lunch for 150 teachers and admistrators.
6. Find caterer or plan menu for said luncheon.
7. Make 625 Goodie Bags for above mentioned teachers - one for each day for five days.
8. Finish typing and laying out WRB Newsletter - take to printer, collate, stuff envies, address and mail.
9. Run 5,000 copies for entire 5th grade.
10. Do my usual house cleaning, laundry, etc.
11. Tape Regis's return - YEA! (That's the day I go to the Special Olympics.)

Yea, I don't think much will get listed on ebay this week afterall.

This photo is very unremarkable, but to our family it is a one of a kind photo. This is the only known time that all three of our cats were within an arm's length of one another. I'm always envious when I see photos of two or three cats all snuggled up together sleeping. Our cats co-exist, but do not particularly care for one another. That's Tiger on the left. He's 21 pounds of pure flub. He is eleven years old, but only came to us a year and a half ago. Our neighbors left him behind so we adopted him. He loves Daddy best followed by my Mom. Little Lady is in the center. She's about six and she came to us one very cold wintry night when she was just a kitten. I got her in the house and she went into the closet in my office and hid for nearly three days. I thought she had died! But, she was warm, cozy and getting some much needed sleep. She is a sweet little girl. On the right is Pity. She came to us about a year after Litle Lady. I think she isa bout six too. When she first came to us she was a very odd cat. For instance, the first YEAR we had her - she never left the bedroom. So, we had cat dishes and a litter box in the bedroom. Then she decided she could go into DS's room, then she decided she could go into the bathroom and then the kitchen and living room. There was about a two month long period where she only slept in the shower. Thankfully, she is practically normal now and she too is a very sweet girl. Her purring can keep you up at night.

Hey, I don't have time to blog! Didn't you see that list?

4 comments:

  1. Omgosh...I am seriously LOL'ing at the sleeping in the bathtub comment!!! I love your kitties. Congrats on the monunentous occasion! They all look like they have such personalities. Your Tiger looks like our Buddy - he is 21 pounds too!!! Perhaps they are cousins. I just love orange kitties. We have a gray and white one too -- named Ellie.

    Good luck on your "to do" list :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. And when do you sleep???

    Your Pity cat is the exact same coloring of my Puddin. She came to us 3 yrs. ago when we first moved into our house. She was NOT staying!!!! Like I said, three yrs. later she still rules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:13 PM

    It's a shame that you don't have anything to do this week. I'll think about you!

    Love hearing about your cats. Our furry babies all have such unique personalities; it makes them so lovable.

    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:17 PM

    I love the kitty pictures. DH and I have four kitties and I have photos of them all snuggling in a row. We're lucky that they all like each other. I think your situation is more typical. I hope that they sit on your lap while you type. :-)

    H. from YDQ MB

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers