What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

I Have Money, Dammit. (A little anyway)

Yesterday I stopped back by the house whee I got the AnnaLee Dolls. They had some wonderful old oak tables, ice boxes and wardrobes that were just so nice. I saw a little old primitive spice box with 8 drawers sitting on a shelf. When I asked how nuch it was, the lady responded, "Oh, you couldn't afford that. It's antique." Well, that pissed me off - pardon the French. I can afford $100.00 - I'm not rich, but I'm not poor either. (And it was not worth $100.00 by a long shot) I said, "Yes, I understand that it is antique, but how much IS IT?" She told me, "It is ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS." Now, I suppose that she had had people trying to get stuff from her for cheap the past two days. You know how garge sales are and people that want stuff for little to nothing. But, I hadn't offered her 50¢ for it. I hadn't offered her anything fo the Annalee Dolls - SHE decided they were worth $1.00. I wish I could have whipped out a $500 Dollar Bill and said, "Do you have change?" I just got in the car and left. But, I'm still fuming.

As I type this, DH has his head in the toliet throwing up. Stay away - I do not want whatever type of stomach crud you have drug home this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers