What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

It's Easter!

Happy Easter to all my friends!  
I hope your day is full of bunnies made of chocolate and beans made of jelly!

Here are the last of my decorations.  Now it's time to pack them away.  :(

My Easter feather tree with so many fun things on it  - I love all the things people have made for me and gifted to me.  The Annalee bunny was the first gift that Heidi sent me and I smile every time I see it!  that HUGE bunny is just way to big for me to really display, but I got it for Easter when I was six years old.  He's nearly as tall as me!  

The "Hop to it" sign was on the front door, but I decided I liked seeing it all the time and not just when I came and went.  

I DEFY YOU NOT TO SMILE.

An old egg dye box has been on my wishlist forever.  I finally resorted to ebay where I found TWO egg dye boxes.  They also came with five vintage egg boxes and when I looked in one of the boxes, it had a bunch of spun cotton chicks, a glass egg and that egg bank I shared a few days ago.  What a deal !

Easter is the only time when my big mess of beautiful pastel pottery looks like it belongs in the living room.  It's a jumbled up pile of pottery - but it makes me SO happy!

Happy Easter to all of YOU!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you and your family! And your pottery collection is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that "jumbled up pile" of pottery and I think I would have that Hop To It sign out all year round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:16 AM

    Yours is always my favorite blog to read. Happy Easter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was an Ebay score. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all so pretty and happy! Hope you've had a Happy Easter. I owe you an email!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'd have to be dead for that pottery NOT to make you happy. It's marvelous, as are all of your other Easter goodies. Hope the ham was delish and you had a wonderful family meal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I just now finished all of your Easter posts and it's official: there is no one on earth with as many bunnies as you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that crammed in/big mess of pastel pottery! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers