What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I Want It


Found this cute little camper on a not much traveled road last week.  

It's taunting me.  

"Buy ME!  Buy ME!"  

It isn't perfect, but it's not bad either.  

Wouldn't it make an awesome storage shed for my JUNK?  And, when I do a show, I could just tow the trailer there and BOOM it's all there already.  No more back and forth and forgetting things.  

And if I needed a breather, I could go to my quaint little trailer, reach into my vintage PINK cooler and pop open a frosty A& W Cream soda and lie down on my vintage bed, rest my head on  vintage feather pillow in a vintage pillowcase and relax.

Oh sure, I've never even done a show and I'm just about to do my FIRST show, but really, is that a reason not to invest money in a trailer to use for any shows that I may or may not do in the future?  

*Breathe!*

Can you see the price?

$500.00

I think that is cheap.  But, I really have no idea.

On my next trip by, I am going to STOP and look inside.  

That will clinch it.

I WANT IT.

*Edited to add:  I'm not going to actually buy it.  I am just lusting after it.  

12 comments:

  1. So cute! I want it too! But make sure there isn't a ton of work needed on the inside- that would be a long and expensive process...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you would love it! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get it!! I would LOVE to be able to fix up an old travel trailer. I think it's a great idea to go around and do shows with it full of stuff. And I want to travel and BUY stuff too. Let's do it together, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! Love it. Make sure the floor is solid, the roof is not leaking and the axle is in good shape. I just purchased a 1952 trailer. Check it out if you want at cherrypickedfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are called "glampers" once you get them all dolled up. I envision gingham, chippy paint and just your special Shara touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This adorable! I don't blame you, I want it to! If it has no leaks, 500 is a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it an actual trailer, or is it a camper designed to fit on/into the bed/back of a pick up truck?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cuter than you described, even. I shall reserve judgement until you look inside but if it's in good shape, I'm going to be peer pressuring you to buy it. After all, at the Barn Sale I will profit from that nice cold cooler of drinks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! $500 bucks seems like such a great deal!
    Super cute!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is adorable! My husband has gotten me into camping, only with the use of my in-laws old camper. They won't let me do anything to it to make it vintagey, even though it is from the 70's. I did make new cute curtains but I would love to have my own little camper to "tart-up" all vintagey. I think your plan is awesome and I would love to see what lovely things you would do to it. Dream big my friend, dream big. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. **WARNING**
    **WARNING**
    As a child I camped in one of those, so I know from experience... NOT to dampen your dream, ~BUT~
    KNOWING how Miss Shara HATES.THE.HEAT... These things become SERIOUS SAUNAS!!!
    Now, I (Lover-o-Heat) Think your plan sounds AB-SO-LUTE-LY Glorious!!
    Do! It! Just think of the fun road trips you could go on!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers