What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Friday, April 26, 2013

It was only 50¢

Sometimes you see something at the thrift and you think, "What the ???"  


Like, for instance, this wooden bunny.  He was in the Easter items, reduced by half price.  

He's holding something in his hand.  

What do you think it is?

And Easter egg?

No.

A carrot?

No.

A jelly bean?

No.

A basket?

No.

A chicky?

No.

A ducky?

No.

A baby bunny?

No.

A plastic Mardi Gras baby?

How did you guess?

It was too funny to leave behind, so I had to buy it.  

Wouldn't you?

8 comments:

  1. and that baby looks terrified!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope is right the baby looks terrified, and so am I. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! Please tell us baby was added on later by someone with a weird sense of humor? That wouldn't have been a baby shower favor would it??? Bunny just look like she's about 9 months pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG laughing out loud!! Oh yes you HAD to buy that.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. and you making us all laugh right out loud - priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a mardi gras baby sitting right in front of me. I won it in March and I keep it as a reminder that my group was never gifted the Sonic treats as our prize for finding the teeny baby. PFFFT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lmao! One of the weirdest things I have seen.
    "Although I have been known to purchase things that I think no one else will buy because I feel sorry for them."
    HAHAAHAHAH

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers