What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Here a Chick, There a Chick...

This week I had a surprise box from Eddie at Eddie-torial Comments.  It was chock full of goodies that he had found and saved for me over the course of about a year.  I am often the recipient of surprises in the mail and they never fail to surprise me or delight me.  This box was no exception.
In the box was this wee little teeny tiny chick on a card.  It's amazing that it stayed on the card all these years and that it was never lost.  The chick itself is about the size of a green pea.  

What is even more amazing is this:

I have a nearly identical teeny tiny chick from my childhood animal collection.  It is about the size of a pinto bean.  How I have kept track of it all this time, is a miracle too.  Now my little teeny chick has a wee little friend to hang out with on my shelf.  

It's chick destiny!
Eddie is going through some hard times right now, but he still took the time to think of me.  Go on over and give him some love, okay?  Thanks!)
(Thanks Eddie!)

4 comments:

  1. oooh, one more makes ANOTHER collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so happy together! I'm glad you enjoyed the goodies. Thanks for the plug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love it when a collection starts! Your little chicks are adorable. How sweet of Eddie!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers