What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Blah-ging

I've got nothing to say. I haven't been anywhere. I haven't done anything. I am just incredibly boring right now. *sigh.* There are things I need to do. Places I need to go. But, I just don't feel like it. I am just so incredibly boring right now. *sigh*

So, what shall I talk about. Let's talk about how this song turns me on. Lionel Richie singing about "Baby, let's go - I'll prepare your meals and make your bed, while you just Chill." I used to dream of being swept off my feet. Kissing. You know....Stuff. Now the thought of someone actually making the bed for me is hot. Pathetic.

Let's see, we need a photo or two. I went through all my photos looking for odd photos.
Here's good one.
I was trying to take a photo the other day and this lady walked in front of me. I guess I should be happy that she attemped to shrink down so she wasn't completely in my way. Otherwise, I would have only gotten her butt. Ms. Oblivious.

Then there's this guy. He walked up and just stood there while I was taking photos. Uh, hello, Mr. Oblivious.

Now, this guy, he was fun. He spotted me in a crowd and decided he liked me. He laughed, he waved, he had a conversation with me. He wasn't oblivious. But, his entire family was. I could have unstrapped him and walked off. No one would have noticed. The Oblivious family.

Hmmm..what other boring things have I done lately?

I counted my crocheted watermelon potholder collection.


I'm up to 56.

In case you were wondering.

I am seriously boring.

Tomorrow I am going to the Super Cheap Thrift, to the movies to see Night at the Museum 2 and out to eat at Golden Corral with my Mom and Step-dad. That ought to give me something to blog about.

But, then again, I think I just proved that it is possible to blog about absolutely nothing. Don't think you need to leave a comment on this post. Really, it isn't necessary.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:31 AM

    I feel the need to comment as my life is soooooooooooooooo similar! I organized my buttons the other day.
    Surfergirlie in Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  2. So.... what does it say about those of us who read blogs about 'nothing'?? Obviously, we have nothing better to do either!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog posts are never boring!!!
    Sometimes you say nothing in the funniest way.

    65 crocheted watermelon potholders? Slight obsession. Are any two exactly alike?

    I have been asleep before 8:30 every night this week, IN my recliner. Can you get more boring than that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever seen a crocheted watermelon coaster, and you have 56?! Well, even with nothing to say, you're still pretty entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, my life certainly hasn't been boring, it just hasn't been blog-worthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One girl's boredom is another girl's entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shara,
    You gave me a good laugh...so it wasn't boring to me!!
    Hope you find lots of treasures and I'm going to add you to my blog list if you don't mind. I see you have me on yours..
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the big laugh this morning. I will be on the lookout for watermelon potholders for you.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bella is sitting on my lap right now and when she saw the picture of your watermelon pot holders this is what she said: "I like the pink one Mommy. It's shaped like a cookie. It looks like a watermelon." I smiled because it is on a pile of WATERMELONS and that didn't register with her. Just the pink one! I think that they are all pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers