What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

18 years

18 Years ago today:

Read this Classic post for the history of

Me & the Creepy Guy.

13 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I love your "how we met" story!

    LOL on the Jc Penney dress. I was married in 1990 and my dress came straight from the JC Penney catalog! Mine had a detachable train. I thought I was tough stuff! Ha Ha! It was kind of like a mullet--both business and party!

    Anyway, didn't mean to ramble :) I always enjoy reading your posts. You have the gift of writing!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every post, but going back to read the creepy guy story made me cackle out loud! Very, very happy anniversary to you and creepy guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a loooong time to be Mr. and Mrs. Monkeybox.

    I raise a thrifted goblet to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you, Shara & the Breadman! Loved your "classic post"...tears & giggles for sure...Here's to many more happy years for you! *elaine*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:45 PM

    Happy Anniversary! I love the "creepy guy" story. I can just see the hillbillies coming down off the mountain to attend your weddin'. My word verification is "swine"-how appropriate for a gal from Arkansas! I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very Happy Anniversary to you and your DH!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Yours is the third anniversary I know of on that date! : )
    I hope your day was lovely and you and the Bread Man continue to have many, many more happy years together!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. HeeHee, that's funny! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary +1 day! You guys are cute. :) Shara and the Breadman, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary! And for the record, I LOVE the Creepy Guy story!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:02 PM

    Happy Anniversary. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers