What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Bio Poetry by DS

Bio Poetry...by Christopher

Christopher

Caring
Trustworthy
Likeable

Wishes to go to college

Dreams of being a doctor

Wants to live a good life

Who wonders what lies ahead

Who is afraid of War
Who is afraid of hunger

Who likes parents

Who believes anyone can do anything

Who loves animals
Who loves my parents
Who loves to play volleyball
Who loves my friends

Who plans to be a doctor
Who plans to be a good husband
Who plans to be a good person

Who can be the best that I can be.


Okay, I know this was written by my son and all but - you have to agree - that is a tear jerker. A good husband? Who wonders what lies ahead? Oh my heavens.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:22 PM

    He sounds like a very compassionate, caring young man...one you can be proud of and who will make a good doctor, husband and person.

    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a sweetie! Momma, you've raised that boy right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:52 AM

    Shara, you have a right to be proud! You done did good 8-) !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:30 PM

    Boy is this Baw proud!!!!!!!!!! What a boy. Sniff, sniff.
    I couldn't love him or his mama more!

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers