What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Congratulations! It's Bronchitis!

DS has Bronchitis. Bad Mom award for sending him to school. The doctor did say there is "tons of all sorts of STUFF" out there right now. So, beware. He is taking Zithromax which is very strong and efective. He took two pills and I swear within 30 minutes he was a new person. He is still hacking and coughiing but his spirits are better. In his words, "I feel better now that I don't think I'm dying." Bad mom award. DH is feeling better but he is still a grouch. Oh wait, I think he is always a grouch lately. My throat is sore, but I am very tired and have a tendancy to get sore throats when I am tired. So, I will be all better tomorrow. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Sounds like the creeping crud has most of blogland feeling puny. Wash your hands and stay well! Oliveoyl - the kids can wash their hands and Christopher does wash his hands. But,t here is no warm or hot water andt he water is sooo cold most of them barely stick their hands in the water for 2 seconds. I don't know why they can't have a little lukewarm water and not just COLD. He also takes a water bottle and has strict rules about not using those horrific drinking fountains. Eeeew. Chrisx4 - I know I can count on you to come help me kick some Administrative butt when I get my next "Juvenile Court threat" letter.

Gotta go - it's time for Lost! Can't WAIT!

3 comments:

  1. Glad he feels better. DD got some Zithromax last month, and it kicked out her ear infection in 24 hours! She was so changed, and it was amazing to see that stuff work so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 17 year old just went through 2 rounds of different antibiotics.... he finally is better. Sure hate when he misses so much school...
    Glad you are all getting better...
    Enjoy the weekend being together resting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to hear that they can/he does carry his own water. I understand about the cold water, even some of our teacher's lounges do NOT have hot water. I don't understand this ridiculousness! I personally do NOT use any student restrooms either, I will trek across a campus to use the "adult" facilities, like THEY don't have cooties.

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers