What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Monday, October 06, 2014

It's coming....I promise!

I'm working on a Junk Ranch post - but it's a looong one!  Should be up tonight or tomorrow.  Thanks for all the emails, texts and well wishes!

While I was gone all weekend, a clean up crew came to clean up the house next door that was recently foreclosed.  In their zealous and rush, they crossed the property line and took a bunch of my things TO THE DUMP.  I am in the process of filing a police report.  What a mess.  :(

But!  The Junk Ranch was great!!!!!!!

Look at all the shoppers!!!!!!




8 comments:

  1. I hope you will be able to get your things back. That would be so distressing to have items taken from your home (yard). I can't imagine why they didn't ask you about yar boundaries.
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should be yard not yar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! You must be so upset! How on earth could they just take things without being sure of the boundaries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this on FB and I'm glad you are filing a police report! I look forward to the Junk Ranch post!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did they actually cross a fence to get into your yard? I'm not sure if your yard is physically fenced or not. Either way, they should have been able to figure out property lines. I hope you are able to get your stuff back, but that might not be possible I'm sure you know. If not, they should be financially responsible for the losses you suffered due to their incompetence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I'm so angry on your behalf!!! That's crazy! I hope you get to go dump-picking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I would never even imagine something like that would happen. I hope it wasn't anything valuable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry they took some of your stuff! I had an old chair with a plant sitting on it about 20 feet from the end of our driveway where the garbage was and they took it one day - left the plant. WTH! I can commiserate with you.

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers