What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Craft Challenge - Fergie Style

Earlier in the month, Rebecca announced another Craft Challenge.  This is the third challenge she has hosted that I have participated in.  Rebecca finds an item, sends one to each of the participants and then we work some magic on it.  This time, Rebecca found these cool old appointment cards at a Treasure sale. 

When I saw it, I thought it might be a fun one, so I signed up.  I thought about what on Earth I would make with it as I waited for it to arrive.  I kept thinking about  the Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday on the front. 
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. 

Friday, Saturday, Saturday, then Sunday.


Anyone following me here?

I couldn't get the Black Eyed Peas out of my head!



"I Gotta Feelin'"

Let's Do It! 

Party Everyday...Party Everyday!

So, I went with it.  My ode to the Black eyed Peas, I suppose.



I broke out all my stickers that I hoard in my scrapbooking supplies. (I don't scrapbook, yet I have a three drawer chest of drawers chock full of scrapbooking stuff....).  I found all my letters and managed to make the word PARTY in each day and add some party decor like balloons, streamers, stars, confetti, cupcakes and the like.  I got a lot more on there than I ever thought I could.  I added some rickrack for a bit of whimsy and called it done.  I don't know - it's different than my usual craftiness.  But, I like it!

Party Everyday! 

Thanks Rebecca - it was fun!

2 comments:

  1. Now I will be humming that song all day! Love seeing what you did with the card - crazy to see how differently our minds work. Party on Shara (and glad you made a dent in those scrapbook stickers - I scrapbook and I only have one drawer full!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it...and if you don't scrapbook, how come you have all those stickers & letters, huh? Do you have an odd fixation with letters...I know I do. Just can't pass up them A,B,C's! Thanks for the sweet comment on my mobile face lift...still have not tackled the back, but I'm off Thursday...we'll see how far I get. *elaine*

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers