Pam at One Gal's Trash tagged me today to share seven things about myself that you might not already know. I was happy to be tagged for this one, since I am severely lacking in any good blogging material. Thanks Pam!
1. I was 17 when I lost my last baby tooth. We hadn't realized that I still had a baby tooth until it just fell out. I was a Senior in high school and could not imagine going to school the next day without a tooth! A trip to the Dentist revealed that my adult tooth was in the roof of my mouth so it hadn't pushed out the baby tooth. I had to have oral surgery to drag the tooth from the roof of my mouth over to where it was supposed to be. During the oral surgery, I was loopy on laughing gas and I gave the Dentist and the nurse a very long and torrid description of my High School Crush's......shoelaces.
2. My first job was when I was 10. My Mom and I worked together at a local Grocery Sore during their Anniversary Sale selling hotdogs and cokes. We dumped package after package of hot dogs into a big Nesco Roaster, boiling weiners until we were sick from the stench. The hotdogs were a promotional one day a year thing, so they were only 10¢ each. Families would stop and buy ten to eat then and then want to order 50 to 100 to take home. We had to cook them, put the hotdogs in the buns, add ketchup, mustard and relish, then put each hot dog in a paper sleeve and then put them in paper bags to carry home. We finally wised up and just gave them the cold hot dogs and hot dog buns in the original packages to save time. They were going to have to heat the up later anyway, so why not?
3. When I was little we lived near the woods. Not far into the woods, I discovered a bare patch of grass with what looked like there had been a fire in the center at some point. I was completely convinced that this was an actual Indian camp. I spent hours sitting there, talking to my Indian friends, stirring up bowls of dirt stew and living the Indian life.
4. When I was seven, I saw Santa. For REAL! I was sitting at the dining room table and my Mom was in the kitchen. Behind her was a door that had little triangle shaped panes of glass in it. I saw Santa peeking at me peering in the window with his green mittened hands sheilding the glare in the bottom left hand corner. My Mom saw my face and said, "Shara! What did you see?" I said, "I saw SANTA!" And, I know she believed me, because she saw it in my face. And, all these years alter, even though I have played Santa as a Mom, I KNOW I saw Santa that night. I know it.
5. I walked past a pay phone one day as it was ringing. On a whim, I answered it. It was a local radio station calling to see if anyone would answer it. Since I did, the DJ's came to me and gave me a $50.00 Gift Card to a local resturant. I always answered pay phones after that, but it was usually just some cranky guy at the other end.
6. I love to read US Weekly and watch TMZ. I love celebrity gossip, celebrity fashion critiques and celebrity love triangles. I honestly have no idea who 80% of the people are or what they did to be famous - Heidi? Spencer? I have no idea. But, I love to read it. My Mom and I both get US Weekly and we pour over it together and discuss everyone. She doesn't know who anyone is either. It's our guilty pleasure.
7. I have a package of mints from our wedding in our freezer. A friend of ours made them for us in blue and mauve. After the wedding, there was a baggie full left, so I threw them in the freezer. Three residences later, three refrigerators later and nineteen years later - I still have them. I can't throw them away after all this time! I can't!
I am supposed to tag seven other people, but I will let anyone that may be lacking in blog material hop in and join in on the fun too.
*Has anyone else switched over to the new "New Post" screen? I did it and I do not like it, but I cannot figure out how to go back to the old page. I don't like it because I can't find Spell Check which is important and I have to unload photos one at a time. Anyone have any clue how to go back to the old page?