What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Awards

I was the lucky recipient of three awards this weekend by my fellow bloggers.

First from Sharie @ View To the Hill in England:




Second: From Diane Diane @ Two Barking Dogs:
Arte y Pico Award

This award is for blogs with creativity, design, interesting material, and that also contribute to the blogger community. (Not sure if I really deserve this one!)


Third:

And, this award again from Debbi @ Prim 'N Stuff.

Thank you ladies!

I really appreciate these awards and I know I need to do my part to pass them on, but according to the rules of all of these awards, I am supposed to pass the awards on to 19 other bloggers. NINETEEN other bloggers. Yikes. That's a lot of folks. I read so many blogs and so many are deserving of an award, but I really cannot pick 19 blogs. Am I forgiven?????? I'm a bad, bad blogger.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, and don't sweat passing them along! It's like those awful chain letters we used to get in grade school--nothing bad will happen if you break the chain. Just pick one or two blogs you especially enjoy if you want, and then sit back and bask in the glory of your three awards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:31 PM

    Are you kidding? You so deserve this! I agree with the Qof50 .. if you don't pass it along no one will be upset. Take care, D.

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers