What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

It's been a crazy few days around here. The Bean has not been well. We got him started on Claritin D last week, which seems to have eliminated the headache and sinus pressure, but has produced gallons of drainage. Ick. Therefore, his stomach has been on a roller coaster. Now, no one loves the Bean more than I do, but when he is sick, well, he is a typical male. He holds his tummy and lies on the couch and writhes around so I get the general idea that he must be incurring kidney failure or perhaps suffering from some other terrible ailment. So, school has not been on the list for a few days. I decided last night that I should make him an apointment today to get a different allergy medication to cure the stomach pains. Well, guess who woke up feeling fine this morning. And, of course, I had already made plans to keep him home. Eh gadds. I suppose a doctor's visit can't hurt at this point. His doctor is rather indifferent. You just tell her what you think is wrong and she pretty much takes your word for it and does what you say. Which, is a good thing. I just wish I could call it in and save the $100.00 Office Visit. Yikes.

Saturday the Bean was feeling pretty good and we already had plans to go to the powwow, so we went. It was beautiful. I haven't downloaded my photos yet (all 251 of them) but I will later and post then. We saw the (lady) Mayor of the local town posing for wedding photos, a botanical garden, the powwow, an 8ft. tall bunny statue in someone's yard and many more fun things.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:14 PM

    Hope the Bean is better now. I know what you mean about men being sick...oh brother!

    Libby

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers