What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Monday, October 22, 2007

I'll have some cheese with that whine

Today there will be n pictures, no finds, nothing fun today. Just a whole lot of whining. Every day I get up at 6:00, get dressed, pack lunch, ge the Ben ready for school. We get in the car and skid into the parking lot at the absolute last minute. And, then I see the pain in his eyes as he holds his stomach and I cannot make him go in. They would send him home anyway. But, it is getting serious how much school he has missed. He has been sick and literally untreated all this, time so I suspect that it is unreal for me to expect him to be "all better" in only three days. He does feel better - but not until nearly noon. He does have a freaking hole in his sotmach, so I suppose that takes time to heal. But, the school is breathing down my neck. And I am so tired of it all. I love the bean and I want him to get well. Especially since I am going to have a nevous breakdown pretty damn soon.

I will say that I am happy that we are both safe and sound. This morning as we made our daily pilgrimage to school (and back again) it was raining and cold and foggy and generally icky out. I was driving on the inside lane and I noticed a car stopped on the outside lane with a car stopped behind it. I glanced in my rear view mirror and saw a pick-up coming fast. Too fast. He swerved like he wanted to cut in between me and the car behind me to avoid the stopped cars. I sped up because things just didn't look good. And I was right. I watched in the rear view mirror as the truck plowed into the stopped car. BAM. It was so loud. Car parts flew in every diretion. By this point, I was a block down the road and lots of other people stopped. When we went back by, the lady was still in her car and the stupid reckless driver was on his cellphone, clawing at his hair. I heard an ambulance come when we got home. I don't think the driver was hurt bad, but she probably whacked her head a good one. His truck was a mess. Her car was bad too. I do think I was lucky to see it was going to happen and avoid it. I really didn't need that on my plate today too.

Please drive safe. There are morons everywhere.

3 comments:

  1. I'll send you some cheese for that whine!!!! What kind to you prefer?

    You know I drive all over hell and creation for my job and STUPID drivers are my PET PEEVE. I was just beotching about 2 different IDIOTS on the way home today. It goes with the change in barometric pressure.

    Tell Bean I am sorry he still has a crappy tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:34 PM

    Sorry about the Bean. If he doesn't get well soon, maybe you could take him to a gastro doctor. My husband has had stomach problems off and on for years. When his starts acting up, he has a pill to take and it gets better very soon. I know you feel that you are pulled in different directions, but you are your son's advocate and have to do what you think is right. Maybe he can go in late some of these mornings and then it wouldn't count as being out a whole day. Try different foods for breakfast to see what seems to bother him and what doesn't. Keep us posted.

    Oh, and I am so glad you were not in that wreck today. Some drivers are such idiots.

    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what your insurance situation is like, but I think you ought to find out about seeing the gastro like someone else has suggested.

    Jack was born with really severe acid reflux, and it is damn hard to find a regular doctor who knows anything about it. It can cause a lot of problems like coughing and vomiting that look like the flu, but are really GERD.

    Anyway, if your kid doesn't usually complain about his stomach, and now suddenly is, I would holler loudly until someone sorts it out.

    (And there isn't any chance he is having anxiety problems? I think he is a middler schooler now? That's a scary, anxious time for most kids.)(Says the former 7th grade teacher.) :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers