I'm in two swaps right now and I have some obligatory posts to make:
I am in the Sister Swap at Sweet Goodness Swaps. My partner is Laura.
Here's a little 20 question questionaire about me.
1. Favorite Color: Pink
2. Chocolate Lover? Dark and White
3. What is your favorite craft hobby? I dabble in a little of everything. I'm into glittery stuff right now - vintage-y glittery stuff. I also like paper crafts and collage making.
4. What is a craft/art hobby that you would like to start? Oh my. I have enough on my plate!) ;o) Is eating popcorn in front of Dancing With The Stars a hobby?????
5. What craft do you NOT have an interest in or just not great in? sewing, knitting, crocheting (Although I love ric-rac and old trims for other projects)
6. Do you have any allergies? I'm not allergic, but I don't eat meat. I am allergic to strong smells like perfumes and overpower candles like flowers. I love vanilla though.
7.What’s your favorite part of Halloween? I love to see what decorations I scored last year at Target at the 75%-90% off sales. It's like Christmas! I love to see the litle kids come trick or theating in their costumes.
8. Do you decorate for Fall? I do a big yard display with corn shocks, hay bales, pumpkins, mums and scarecrows. (In fact, I grew my own Indian corn, corn shocks and pumpkins this year because I am too cheap to buy them!) I incorporate my junk like an old watering can, rusty rakes, the milk can, wooden "PUMPKIN" signs, etc. too.
9. December Holidays--what holiday do you celebrate? What type of decorations do you like to put up in your house for that holiday? I celebrate Christmas in the Santa/snowman/present sense. Not religious, but spiritual. I have a large vintage christmas ornament collection and collect natural looking woodsey Santas as well as other vintage Christmas collections.
10. Do you have any children, if so what are their ages, boys/girls? I have son age 12. He is all about the gore this Halloween- vampires, skulls, etc. Normally he is a regular kid - but Halloween is all about the eeew factor.
Reason #456 to always carry your camera with you:
The Bean visits the Halloween Aisle at Walgreen's.
11. Do you have any pets, if so what kind? I have three big fat lazy cats that I love.
12. Are you a reader? If so, what type of books do you like? I read a lot of decorating and collecting books as well as those tye of magazines - County Living, Country Home, etc. I'm not a book reader - but I should be....I do read the Harry Potter books with my son.
13. Are you celebrating a birthday or anniversary in October, November, or December? If so, what day and what is the occasion? No.
14. Do you collect anything? What don't I collect? Matte white pottery, vintage kitchen tools, vintage tablecloths, realistic looking bunnies, anything rusty and well loved, Annalee dolls, miniature chairs.
15. What type of things do you like to cook? Are you an appetizer person, cookie maker, dessert freak or a take out type of person?? I cook everything from scratch, but I don't use reciepes for meals. We don't eat beef, pork, lamb or anything that walks on four legs so most recipes call for just that. I do like recipes for baking - especially candy making and cookies.
16. What is your favorite scent? Is there one that you can’t stand? I prefer cinammon or vanilla. Perfum-y smells give me a migraine.
17. What’s your favorite song? Right now? Right this minute? Well, hmmm, I listen to Fergie, Pink and Justin Timberlake a lot. I also LOVE disco and 80's music. Shhh.
18. What’s the last movie you went to see at the movie theater? Harry Potter - the latest one. 19. What’s your favorite Candy? I like Heath bars/toffee the very best. But Halloween has good fun wierd stuff too. Gummy eyeballs - come on! Once you get over the gross factor, they are pretty darn good. Don't forget, I live with a 12 yr. old boy...
20. Tea or Coffee or other? Some brands of coffee give me hives due to the way it's processed. I'm not really a tea drinker either. I guzzle water by the gallons.
I'm also in a Halloween Swap at the Witches' Caldron with Jennifer at the Felt Mouse.
I'm looking forward to both of these swaps and getting to know my partners.
Next post: My latest Yard Sale Acquisitions - I only went to one sale, only bought three items, but I spent $35.00! I'll also enthrall you with the sights The Bean and I took in this weekend. Not our typical Saturday Fun Adventures, I promise you!