What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

What's My Name Giveaway

After answering my phone this morning and hearing a telemarketer mispronounce my name once again, I wondered.....Do my blog readers know how to SAY my name? Maybe I'm being naive and everyone KNOWS how to say it. Just curious.

I've never met another SHARA. Have YOU?

How DO you say my name?

How do YOU say my name?

Just leave a comment with your version of my name. Don't forget to spell it phonetically or rhyme it with something. Correct answers will be thrown into a hat for a drawing for a yet to be determined goody. I like to send people things they like or collect. So, once I get a winner, I'll come up with a goody or two or three.

*Disclaimer: Anyone having given birth to me may not enter.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, it will be interesting to see if I've been saying it "in my head" right!

    I don't know any other SHARA's :)

    Is it like -- share-uh? Hmm, I'm not good at this phoenetically spelling thing. Is that a short A vowel sound? Rhymes with Farrah? LOL! Let me know if I need to be more clear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say it in my head the same way funfinds does. As in, "Do you want to share-uh piece of cake?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wondered if you were "share-uh", or "shar-uh". My guess would be "shar-uh".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pronounce your name as Shar-a like rhyming with Jar-a? I'm not good at phonetically spelling things, most of the time I make up how to even spell words...lol..anyway hope I win!! :)

    lucy

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers