What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Turkey Day.

On my way to family outings today I had to stop at Walgreen's to pick up some cough syrup and Musinex for this nastly little case of Bronchitis that is plaguing me. Anyway, while DS looked at Christmas items, I looked through the Ad. I noticed Russell Stover's Boxed Chocolates were on sale for $3.99. They retail for $7.99. I had some $2.00 off coupons for the Sugar Free Chocolates. So, I got two boxes and checked out. The checker had trouble getting them to scan correctly, but she fixed it and was nice about it. (I hate snide comments about coupon usage.) I think it was beeping because I had bought the Sugar Free variety. The ad said, "Any $7.99 Boxed Chocolates." It didn't say you COULD get Sugar Free, but it also did not say that you could NOT get Sugar Free. Anyway, $16.00 worth of chocolates for my diabeic Step-Father for a total of $3.98. Oh crap - does he read this blog?

HInt of the Day: All varieties of an iem SHOULD be on sale, so don't be afraid to ask if it is on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers