What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Gobble Til You Wobble!

It's Thanksgiving!  I can't believe it is here already!  It was actually still pretty hot here last week - into the 80's, so it still felt like summer.  But, then it cooled down and today it was all gloomy and cold out side.  My kinda day!  (I'm crazy, I know).  I get to have Thanksgiving with my family here at my house this year.  We always do a meal here, but never on the actual holiday.  So, it's nice to be like everyone else that day.  

The Pilgrims, Indians and Turkeys are out, but they will be in their bins faster than you can say "GOBBLE GOBBLE" so I can bring on the Christmas.  Yea!  So, before they disappear - here's a quick tour.  


I have a lot of squirrel things in my Fall decor, so I made a squirrel area.  



This squirrel wearing a giant acorn cap makes me laugh.  I think he needs a shotgun to complete his look!



I've had a pretty good collection of turkeys going, but this year I found enough to double my collection.  I bought the new ones for resell. but well, you know how that goes.


I am not a collector or lover of honeycomb.  But I do love me some honeycomb turkeys.  They made a statement but take up little room for storage.  Since this photo was taken, a friend gave me a giant honeycomb turkey that I added in.  It is three feet across!  HUGE!



Yes, that's a Christmas tree.  I have no restraint.



More turkeys and things.


And my FAVORITE Thanksgiving thing.  My Mom by the Thanksgiving turkey.  Look how happy she is!  I love this photo so much.

I hope you all have a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving.  

Gobble til ya wobble!  

6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm ready for a good turkey dinner and then bringing out the Christmas decor. I never got any Fall decor out this year (sad face) but I will have Christmas for sure. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your turkey collection! I saw a big beautiful perfect vintage ceramic one at a yard sale earlier this year and it was very very very very hard for me not to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - I'm looking through Craigslist and I see your turkey platter! 4th photo: https://norfolk.craigslist.org/gms/5887190754.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the day was WONDERFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture of your mom with the turkey is priceless! You really do have fabulous decorations and it's a hard holiday to acquire much of anything! Can't wait to see more Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers