1. Are you watching America's Got Talent? We have watched it for a few years, but I have never been as involved in it as I am this year. I was sad to see one of my favorites go tonight. But, my projected winner is still in the mix, so we'll see.
2. I wanted to use some of my vintage tablecloths to cover my tables at the Barn Sale, so I went through the entire collection. Then, I decided to count them. And guesses? 103. I had no idea that I had that many! And, that doesn't include the twenty or so Christmas ones in storage. It's still one of my very favorite collections and what I look for at every single garage sale and thrift store.
3. Every night when I come in to the office to use the computer, my sweet girl kitty Little lady comes in and sits behind me and stares at me. She wants to be close to me but GOD FORBID I should try to touch her or pet her. No sirree, that has to be HER idea, not mine.
4. This year on The Bean's birthday he asked for fifty cents and a picture of a frog. I never ask for anything on my birthday and neither does he, so to appease the people that ask, "What do you want?" we say stupid things. Since that is what he asked for, this is what he got.
A picture of a frog, framed of course.
With two ten's taped to the back.
And an old ring box with a picture of Fifty Cent in it.
And two quarters.
And a twenty under the cotton batting.
5. I saw this car parked next to me at the gas station the other day.
I wish I could explain it.
6. Our cat, Tiger, looks great in a hat.
You agree, yes?
7. I bought a clarinet last Winter and had been holding it until the school year started up again. I had it on Craigslist for $85.00. A man called me and asked what was wrong with it since I had it so cheap. I told him that I had taken it to a local music store and it all checked out - it needs a mouthpiece and a couple of felt pads, but other than that they said it was a very nice clarinet. The man told me that other people wanted $300.00 or more for the same clarinet. It told him that I pick up things and flip them, but sometimes it is more important to me to get those things into the right hands. He got quiet and told me that his 12 year old Autistic son had decided to try band and he needed a Clarinet. They couldn't afford to buy one until he saw my ad. He drove thirty miles at 8:00 at night to buy that Clarinet from me that very night. I only paid $6.00 for it, so we both made out good. I hope his son likes band. :)
10. I made Homemade Butterfingers last week. The recipe is beyond weird and I knew that there was NO WAY that it was going to work. But, I'll be darned if they didn't taste just like Butterfingers. All it takes is Peanut butter, chocolate and the mystery ingredient - candy corn.
Anything random you want me to know?