What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Friday, June 14, 2013

Gingham Style......Op, Op, Op


I've shown my gingham apron collection before.  I have every color of the rainbow.  Heck, I have many shades of each color of the rainbow.  All my gingham aprons have small check print and chicken scratch embroidery on them.  I never go looking for a new one to add to my collection.  But, if I see one and it's in my price range, I add it to my Gingham Rainbow.

Today I found myself at a sale with a lawn full of items.  It was a woman, her daughter and her husband.  They told me stories about each item I looked at, but then quoted me really low prices.  I don't know they story, but they wanted it gone.  That's all I really know.  

As I was talking to them, I was looking at the clothes.  I never look at clothes at yard sale.  But, I could tell these clothes were as old as the other items on the lawn.  I spotted a red gingham shirt on one rack, then a green one on a different rack.  I thought they were fun, but I certainly had no need for a rainbow of gingham shirts!  

That's when the man walked up and offered me a Wal-Mart sack* to stuff with clothes for $1.00.  Craaaap.  You know I had to get those gingham shirts.  

 Each shirt exactly alike - handmade, same pattern, same buttons.

Pink, red, green, blue, black and purple.


A rainbow of gingham shirts.  

Now, what in the world am I going to do with them?

*I got eleven things in that bag.  The Bean said, "People should NEVER give YOU a bag to fill!"

The rest of the finds will be here on Monday.  Like quilts and spaghetti poodles and vintage suitcases and more......Come back!

5 comments:

  1. Those shirts are awesome!!! Are they your size? Wear them!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shirts are awesome!!! Are they your size? Wear them!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe Hazel needs a gingham nightshirt? Or twelve?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I do love your gingham apron collection and think what ARE you going to do with all those shirts. Anyway, can't wait to see you other items.

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gingham = summer. Love them.

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers