What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Spring!

It's Spring! 

 The birds are chirping.
Somewhere.

The Forsythia is blooming.

Well, sort of.

The leaves are budding out.
Or trying to, at least.

The grass is getting green.

Where it can.

Let's sit in the pink glider and enjoy Spring!

If we can find it.

I hope those nasty Spring allergies don't kick in.

There's only one person that isn't looking forward to Spring.

And you are looking at her.

March 21st, a record snowfall of nearly 14". 

In Arkansas

Are you kidding me?

Apparently not.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, and I thought we had it bad when I woke up this a.m. and had to turn on the heat--after yesterday's 70 degrees we got a little complacent! We're much further south than you are and we're actually starting to really get into Spring. I have a feeling today will be the last cold blast until late October. Next up: Spring tornadoes! And hurricane season starts June 1. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness!!! Read the weather report in the paper this morning and saw that snow was heading to your neck of the woods...Wow!! They weren't kidding were they?? Never fear...spring will arrive...and then summer and we'll all be complaining about the heat & bugs! Happy Sunday, Shara (thanks for the card :o}) *elaine*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:13 PM

    We had snow yesterday and 60 degrees today. You got to love Kansas!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny post!!
    It isnt my kind of Spring, but you can dream about it!!
    That is alot of snow, never seen so much in my life, but where I am, it doesnt snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I feel your pain. We have had so much snow in the past two years and now we are getting unusualy warm weather. Which I know is a trick as we are sure to get at least one more snow storm.
    Looks like someone enjoyed it though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH!! ...and for once, WE don't have a single white spot of snow in our yard in MARCH - I was actually outside Sat/Sun in sunny 60deg doing an ebay photo shoot!! I feel for ya Shara - really I do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not to brag, but it's spring here!

    (sorry!)

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers