What is a monkeybox?

When I was a little girl, we had a pet monkey named Amanda. My Dad worked in the produce business, so each night he brought home that days culls in a big box - spotty cucumbers, pithy apples, limp celery, moldy oranges and the like. We called it a monkeybox. It was really just trash, but my Mom would take each piece of fruit and trim it, pare it and cut it up to make a beautiful fruit platter for Amanda. Even though it was deemed trash by one, it still had life left in it and was good for the purpose we needed it. That's how I live my life - thrifting, yard saling, looking for another's trash to be my treasure.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Something for YOU from ME

Read this entire post and then decide if it is right for you!



The first 5 people that respond to this post will get something made by me, it will be my choice, but made especially for you.


*However...this offer does have some restrictions and limitations (the fine print!!):

*What I create will be just for you.

*I will make no guarantees that you will like it (but I hope you do !)

*You will receive this item before the end of the year (or sooner).

*You will have no idea of what the item is going to be or when you will receive it.

***The catch is that you have to repost this "MEME" and put together something to be sent out as 5 surprises of your own.***

These could be anything...a piece of art, a photo, a poem or haiku, a quote...whatever you like, let your imagination run wild.

I signed up for this at SvelteSTUFF because I thought it sounded like a fun thing to do. I encourage some of you to go to Sue's post and sign up there if my post is full.


Sunset outside my house a few weeks ago. Before the Ice Storm - see the trees all have tops!
(I hate posts without photos.)

****PLEASE DON'T
FORGET TO LEAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS SO I CAN GET YOUR MAILING ADDRESS.

Now...what shall I make for you?????

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like fun! Since we have lots of time to make something I know I can do this! LOL I have a few posts read to go so I'll repost this in a few days, by the end of the week.

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay shara, you had to know that I would respond to this, right? sounds cool, and different and fun...so count me in..I'm you're second comment, and I'll get this posted on my blog as soon as I finish my coffee. ps thanks for the comment on "mom" *elaine*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:05 PM

    How is no one chiming in on this?!?? I'm all in and will post tonight or tomorrow; I've got too much stuff. Spread the love! XOX

    ReplyDelete

I love my comments. I'd love to respond to everyone, but if you don't have an email address tied to your ID, please sign your name so I will know who you are! It makes it nice to know who is saying what. Now, leave a comment! Please? ;o)

I Can See You!



Look at my Visitors!

Fellow Junk Followers