2. What colors/themes do you decorate for Christmas? I have a huge collection of Santa's, the ones I really love are Santa's made out of other things - Coke bottle (Thanks, Carol), an okra pod, an acorn, a walnut, a rock, a paintbrush, you get the idea. I also love my Christmas Annalee dolls which I think are cute, contrary to what some people think....
These are my only big Annalee's. The girl in pink and the reindeer were one of the first things I thrifted (when I really began thrifting after The Bean was born and I knew I needed to make money, so ebay seemed the right fit). I saw them in the back of the thrift and my memory is that I vaulted over a couch to get them, but I doubt that I ever vaulted over anything, let alone a couch. But, I knew I had to get them before anyone else spotted them. They were $1.00 each. The Santa was a lucky yard sale find for $1.00.
3. What Christmas item would you love to have? I would like to find a feather tree someday that I could afford. I'd also like to find more fancy Shiny Brites - figural ones and non-silvered ones. Shiny Brites! Who doesn't love Shiny Brites!
4. Favorite goodie & hot drink? I'm not much of a hot drinker drinker. I drink coffee in the morning, but only a cup and a half - straight coffee with creamer - no flavors or anything, so that is pretty boring. I had The Bean convinced for years that you could only have hot chocolate when it snows, so we rarely drink it either. As far as goodies go - whatcha' got? Anything but fruitcake is good to me. I love those peppermint nougats with the Christmas trees in them at Christmas time. Yum-O.
5. Are you a crafter? If so what crafts do you do? I dabble in a lot of everything - paper crafts, felting, felt crafting, etc. I do not sew. Or knit. Or crochet. Or weld. (!) I want to learn to solder and felt with roving.
6. What is your favorite pink item in your home? My favorite pink item is in the backyard. My pink glider and chair.
7. What do you collect? Now, now, now, we don't have enough space for that! I'll keep it to my perfect trifecta - vintage matte white pottery, vintage tablecloths and old packaging with great graphics.
8. Do you have special family traditions for the holidays? The usual - looking at lights, opening presents on Christmas Eve, stocking on Christmas day, we make lots of candy, baking, basically just enjoying the holiday.