1. What is your favorite Summer Drink(s)? I like a very hard to make drink. Water. Iced water to be more precise. That's pretty much all I drink 12 months out of the year. I don't drink alcohol, soda or tea. About he craziest I ever get is Lime Kool-Aid.
2. What is your favorite Summer Activity? I hate summer. I hate the heat. I hate the humidity. I hate to sweat. I hate lakes. I hate pools. I hate boats. I hate flies. I hate mosquitoes. I hate swimming suits. I hate sunscreen. I hate pretty much everything about summer. I love the idea of summer as a kid - no school, endless days on my bike, playing in my kiddie pool, talking to boys on the phone. Oh, those were the days. But, I hate summer now. Oh wait, I didn't answer the question. My favorite summer activity is sitting by the A/C vent.
3. If you could spend a lazy afternoon reading, what would be in your hands? I'm not much of a book reader, although I hope to be one again someday. I used to read books all the time. Now I pretty much read magazines like Country Living, Country Home, Mary Englebriet, Playgirl, Antiques, Women's Day, Good Housekeeping, Martha, O and O at Home. Just kidding about the Playgirl to see if you were paying attention or not.
4. What is your favorite type of craft/art medium? Lately, I seem to dabble in a little of everything. Paper crafts, collages, glittery goodies, etc. I like to make things out of felt and really enjoy seasonal crafting.
5. What is one art/craft supply you absolutely have been dying to have or try? I am interested soldering glass and metal to make charms.
6. What are your favorite colors in our 'rainbow sherbet' theme? Pink, lime green, yellow, orange, aqua (or blue). I like pink, although there isn't much in my house due to the two manly men in the house. I really don't like lime green much, but anything in any of those colors would make a sweet summer decoration. I son lives and breathes that horrifyingly bright garrish orange that makes your eyes bleed.
7. What is your favorite sweet treat? I love Vanilla Tootsie Rolls, but they seem to be hard to find. Buttered Popcorn Jelly Belly Jelly Beans are another favorite. Heath Bars and Zero's are my favorite chocolatey treats. 8. Are there any craft or art supplies you would NOT be interested in receiving? Much to the chagrin of my partner, Spriritual Knitter, I have no interest or desire to knit or crochet or sew. Sorry.
9. What is your favorite song today? That's a hard one. I love lots of music. But, lately, I am with my son 24/7 and he listens to Hannie Montannie. A lot. A real, awful lot. Apparently, she is "hot". So, I pretty much like anything that isn't Hanna Montana right now. (Justin Timberlake does make me have dirty old lady thoughts. Now, he's hot.) 10. How do you 'pamper' yourself during the hot summer days? Did I mention I hate summer? Oh, yes. I did. Okay, well, I like to close the drapes, crank up the A/C, pop some popcorn and watch a movie with The Bean (my son).
11. Do you have any kidlets or pets? One son, dear to my heart aged 4. Oh wait. He's almost 13. But, I refuse to admit that. I also have three cats. One is a sweet Little Lady, one is a big fat 21 pound tub of goo named Tiger and one is a crankly old lady named Pity. And, I adore them all. (I have a husband too).
12. What is your best potluck dish for summer get togethers? I make a mean Banana Pudding. I also take a big bag of Rotinti pasta, a big bag of frozen veggies and a bag of grilled chicken strips, throw it all together in a big bowl and stir in some Italian Dressing. I don't eat it though - I don't eat complicated foods with more than two ingredients.
13. If you could take a summer vacation anywhere, where would it be? Alaska. The North Pole. The Freezer Section at Wal-Mart. I mentioned I hate summer, right? (I would like to take an Alaskan Cruise).
14. Describe your decorating style. Does that say anything about your personality? I am a collector and I love my things. I am trying to go through my possessions and remove the ones that don't speak to me. I am paring down, but that just means I can still shop. I like worn, loved things. Vintage tablecloths, vintage linens, vintage kitchen items, old advertising signs, old boxes and packaging. If it was meant to be thrown away 50 years ago, I want it today. When I die, people will say, "How come all her stuff is 50 years older that she is?" I love old chippy, rusty things. I guess that means I like comfortable things, things that make me happy. I like to be comfortable and I like to be happy. Who doesn't?
16. Why do you like to join swaps? Because my husband is a snorefest. Oh wait - not that kind of swap? Sorry! (Kidding) Originally, I thought it would be fun to get mail. Then I realized that the true joy is putting things together for someone you don't know because when it's all said and done, you might have a new friend. It gives me a creative outlet and a chance to try new things.
17. You have 25 dollars to spend just on you for a little treat. What do you buy? I love to use coupons, sales and found money and see just how far I can stretch it and what I can get with it. I do that quite a bit as a hobby. Sort of like Oprah's Big Give, but not so big and I keep it all. ;)
18. What's one craft supply or art supply you absolutely can not live without? Oh, that would be Mr. Hot Glue Gun. He's the man.
19. Who's the last person you hugged? The Bean.
20. What's your favorite number and why? 11. My favorite time of the day is 11:11 on a digital clock. When my son was little he would get me and hold my hand until 11:11, then he would hug me until 11:12. You want to know a secret? He still does this, but Shhhhhhhh.
***Don't forget to read the post below about my Rainbow in a box!
*Photos borrowed via Google and used without permission, but in good thoughts. ;o